Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Helping students "own" their writing

I interviewed teachers and asked them how they help their students "own" their writing. I will be adding these interviews to my blog. Listen to Kiley discuss how she explored mentor texts with her 4th grade students. She admits to being nervous about letting go but realized allowing her students to make decisions and take control of  their writing, opened up opportunities for quality teaching. Following the interview are points for you to ponder as well as some suggested reading. I welcome your comments and questions! Upcoming topics: silence in our students' day, conferring, observing student writers...Let me know which topics are of interest to you! Email me if you would like to submit an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment